“The Pendant” is a true classic, designed by Wegner to be height adjustable. A unique construction with a kind of handle as an integrated and attractive part of the design enables the user to pull the lamp up and down without touching the shade.
A master piece in design and craftsmanship. Hand made with the utmost care in every detail from the wet painted aluminium shade to the hanger.
Max.100 W (E27) standard incandescent bulb or similar size LED bulb with a beam angle of 270 degrees or more. Weight 1,8 kg.
Cable lift + lamp = maximum length 2m. Used over a dining table this is suitable for ceiling heights up to a little more than 3m.
Cable lift for larger ceiling heights can be ordered.
- Standard colours & finishes:
White with shiny hanger in nickel
- Anthracite grey with hanger in shiny nickel
- Black with shiny hanger in nickel
- Brushed aluminium with black painted hanger
- Classic Copenhagen Colours Collection:
- Dark Blue with shiny hanger in nickel
- Dark Green with shiny 24 carat gold plated hanger
- Bordeaux-red with shiny 24 carat gold plated hanger
- Light grey with shiny hanger in nickel
- White with shiny 24 carat gold plated hanger
Hans J. Wegner (1914-2007)
Hans J. Wegner was born in 1914 in Tønder, Denmark. In 1936, at the age of 22, he attended the School of Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen, later returning as a teacher. In 1943 he opened his own design studio and created the Chinese Chair, which, along with his 1949 Round Chair, formed the basis for many of his later chairs. The Round Chair became known simply as The Chair. While The Chair is probably the main icon of Wegner’s career, the Wishbone Chair is widely considered to be his most successful design.
Hans J. Wegner was also a brilliant light designer. His pendant from 1962, “The Pendant” has been in production ever since. Both The Pendant and his futuristic Opala-series – originally designed in the seventies for Hotel Scandinavia in Copenhagen – are now manufactured by Pandul. Hans J. Wegner received many international awards for his work and in June 1997, he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by The Royal College of Art in London.